Crowns & Bridges Suited to Your Lifestyle
Crowns are used to protect a damaged tooth and are placed over the existing tooth to help restore its health. At Queen & Albert, we use porcelain crowns to provide a permanent solution to severely damaged, decayed, weakened or aesthetically displeasing teeth. Ask us about our Same Day Crowns. We use advanced procedures, so you don’t have to wait two weeks for your crown. Because crowns can improve your aesthetic appearance and have a restorative effect, it is a popular treatment to beautify your smile easily and quickly!
What causes damaged teeth?
Problems can be caused by various reasons, including:
- Large fillings
- Ageing (including chips and cracks)
- Worn enamel and tooth structure (due to grinding/bruxism)
- Misaligned Bite
- Poor Oral Hygiene
- Root Canal Therapy
Contact us today to discuss your needs and determine if a crown suits you.
A bridge is a device secured to surrounding teeth by crowns, which is used to replace one or multiple missing teeth in a consecutive row. This treatment restores lost teeth, supports remaining teeth and helps keep teeth in proper position and alignment. Your bridge is custom fit and non-removable.
A bridge treatment is ideal for patients who:
- Are missing one tooth with two existing teeth next to the missing tooth hole.
- Do not wish to receive a dental implant.
- Have one or more missing teeth in one area of the mouth.
- Alleviate extra stress on the bite due to missing teeth.
- Can enhance the volume and shape of your face.
- The appearance of your smile is improved.
- Your ability to chew, eat, smile, speak and smile is restored.
Crown and Bridge Construction
What are crowns?
Crowns are used to protect a damaged tooth and are placed over the existing tooth to help restore its health. At Queen & Albert, we use porcelain crowns to provide a permanent solution to severely damaged, decayed, weakened or aesthetically displeasing teeth. Utilising advanced procedures such as the 3D Primescan in addition to a mould or cast impressions as part of the crown process, including same-day crowns, means you don’t have to wait two weeks for your crown. Because crowns can improve your aesthetic appearance and have a restorative effect, it is a popular treatment to beautify your smile easily and quickly! Ask us about our Same Day Crowns.
How is the crown and bridge custom-made to fit my mouth?
- A mould or cast will be taken to create a crown or bridge specifically for your teeth—our latest technology grants for a perfect fit.
- A special dental putty pressed against your teeth creates your custom mould.
- The mould is then sent to a laboratory to create your prosthetic restorations. This process ensures your custom restorations fit seamlessly with your natural teeth.
- If your bridge replaces a missing tooth, a realistic prosthetic tooth will be created.
After your crown or bridge is made, you will visit us at Queen & Albert to have it secured. This will involve using a special bonding material to ensure your restoration will last for as long as possible.
How do I look after my crowns and bridges?
- Brush and floss a minimum of three times daily.
- Only use your teeth for eating. Avoid chewing nails, pen lids, and crunching on ice.
- Avoid high sugary food such as lollies and sticky foods that need to be chewed vigorously and can get stuck on your new teeth.
- Piksters can be used to get stubborn food out that can get caught between your teeth. Ask us if this is suitable for you.
- Maintain your regular six monthly check-ups.
Dental implants are the most significant development in modern Dentistry.
What is an implant crown?
An implant crown looks just like a crown. However, it is secured permanently as the tooth is and is the most used restoration treatment to replace a missing tooth. Thanks to the modern-day era of revolutionary Dentistry, we can integrate the implant crown fully into the jawbone. This establishes the implant as a permanent, solid foundation for prosthetic teeth.
Why replace missing teeth?
Most people consider replacing missing teeth because of how their mouth or smile looks. But aside from aesthetic reasons, missing teeth can cause future problems such as:
- Degeneration of jawbone density
- Gum problems
- Existing teeth migrate and separate
What are the benefits of implant crowns?
Implant Crowns mimic the performance of natural teeth better than any other treatment. As a result, implants can dramatically improve your ability to eat and speak whilst retaining the integrity of the entire jawbone and surrounding teeth. Best of all, dental implants are a permanent solution to tooth loss, built to last.
What can I expect from the procedure?
- Titanium implants are surgically placed into the jawbone by an accredited implant surgeon and then left for about three months to allow the bone to fuse to the implant.
- Once the implants are integrated into the jawbone, the surgeon will uncover the implants and attach a tiny healing collar. Our qualified and experienced Dentists at Queen & Albert will then take an impression.
- The next step is for connectors, or abutment posts, to be attached to the implants. Replacement teeth can now be connected to abutment posts, providing a strong permanent prosthetic tooth that performs just like natural teeth.
Same Day Crowns
Like many industries, Dentistry (especially Cosmetic Dentistry) has been the recipient of countless digital-inspired innovations over the past few years and decades. At Queen & Albert, we are incredibly excited about offering you Same-Day Crowns. During your initial consultation, we review your expectations, send you away for a cuppa for a few hours, and then welcome you back into our practice to fit your Same-Day Crowns. The simplicity is remarkable, and the results are outstanding!
What are Same-Day Crowns?
The Same-Day Crowns system is a device that utilises computer-aided design (CAD) and 3D Primescan imaging technology to create a perfect scan of your teeth aimed to mill restoration in a single sitting. We also shape a mould or cast impressions as part of a digital workflow. These are sent to labs for all crowns, not just for same-day crowns. Previous methods often required multiple visits that spanned weeks, and the dental impressions were subject to varying degrees of human error.
How does it work?
Several components work together to allow the Same-Day Crowns machine to produce excellent results:
- The camera and computer capture and store detailed photographs of your teeth. These 3D images are exact.
- We can view the tooth at various orientations through the system’s CAD software allowing us to design a custom restoration based on the tooth’s exact dimensions.
- With computer-assisted milling, the Same-Day Crowns machine mills the restoration itself from a solid ceramic block with absolute precision in just minutes.
How do Same-Day Crowns help you?
Our Same-Day Crowns machine can rapidly produce veneers, inlays, onlays and dental crowns to improve the look of (or give further protection to) decayed or damaged teeth. They can also be used as the finishing touch on other dental procedures or, in some cases, to enhance a smile with minor cosmetic imperfections.
What are the advantages?
- The accuracy of the automated milling results in a perfect fit with minimal adjustments necessary.
- The process is much more comfortable for clients who gag easily while impressions are being made.
- The speed of the process eliminates the need for temporary restoration measures.
- The ceramic crowns, inlays and onlays produced by the Same-Day Crowns machine are easy to colour-match with your own teeth for a natural-looking smile.
- Same-day dental restorations have been found to have a high level of durability, lasting close to 30 years in recent studies.
Let us Take the Overwhelm Away in a Friendly Consultation
Your teeth are one of the first things that people notice. And at Queen & Albert, we understand there are a lot of treatments available to make your smile beautiful, which can be confusing. And we also understand how overwhelming it can be to know which treatment is suited to you. Thankfully, it doesn’t have to be that way! Book an appointment, and our friendly Dentists will determine your individual needs, advising the best and most practical dental treatments to suit you and your budget. It all starts with a non-invasive chat!